Steven P. Levitan
350 Thackeray Hall
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260 USA
|levitan AT pitt DOT edu|
He received his B.S. degree from Case Western Reserve University in 1972.
From 1972 to 1977 he worked for Xylogic Systems designing hardware for computerized text processing systems.
He received his M.S. (1979) and Ph.D. (1984), both in Computer Science, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. During that time he also worked for Digital Equipment Corporation, and Viewlogic Systems, as a consultant in HDL simulation and synthesis.
He was an Assistant Professor from 1984 to 1986 in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Massachusetts. In 1987 he joined the Electrical Engineering faculty at the University of Pittsburgh where he holds a joint appointment in the Department of Computer Science.
He is Past Chair of the ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation (SIGDA). He was on the ACM/IEEE Design Autmation Executive Commitee from 1998 to 2008 and General Chair of the 44th DAC in 2007.
PapersCopies of recent papers
CoursesCourse list on Department of Electrical Engineering server
- CAD for Free Space Optoelectronic Systems
- Optoelectronic Computing Systems - Optoelectronic Cache Memory Systems
- VHDL Simulation and Synthesis
- Timing Verification
- Design Frameworks
- VLSI Architectures
- Parallel Algorithm Design
- Oscillator Technology
"In the Lab"
- FrontDon Chiarulli and Steve Levitan
- Rear: Abhijit Davare, Jason Bakos, Ethan Jackson, Tim Kurzweg, Mark Kahrs, Dave Evans, Majd Sakr, and Leo Selavo
- In the Lab at the University of Pittsburgh
- Left to Right: Steven Levitan, Don Chiarulli, Drew Seel, John Carpenter, Natalie Janosik
- Video chat meeting
- Left to Right: Nick Moellers, Yan Fang, Natalie Janosik and Steven Levitan
- Visual Cortex in Silicon collaborators at a meeting at UCSD
- Left to Right: Sukuru Burc Eryilmaz(Stanford), Dr. Christoph Maier(UCSD), Siddharth Josi(UCSD), Professor Gert Cauwenberghs(UCSD), Professor Philip Wong(Standford), Dr. Emre Neftci(UCSD), and Dr. Steven Levitan(Pitt)
- PhD Candidate, Yan Fang, presenting his poster with Don Chiarulli at DAC 2014